Gridstore Launches Software-Defined Storage Coup d’Etat
Gridstore 3.0 Accelerates Applications in Virtual Environments Up to 500%
Mountain View, Calif. — October 1, 2013 — Gridstore™, a leader in optimized storage for Windows Server with Hyper-V that accelerates application I/O, today announced early access for GRIDSTORE 3.0, a revolutionary new software-defined storage (SDS) solution, architected to deliver improved application performance and the industry’s first and only TrueQoS™ (True Quality of Service) in a pay-as-you-scale format. Gridstore 3.0 is the perfect storage solution for both performance (hybrid caching) as well as capacity storage challenges. With 3.0, Gridstore becomes the first company to address the architectural disconnect between traditional storage and virtualized servers, a critical issue to help deliver performance in a Windows Server Hyper-V environment at an affordable price point with scalability.
- “It is well known by now that server virtualization plays havoc on traditional storage architectures, negatively impacting application performance. The industry has reacted with a variety of solutions, from modifying traditional architectures to all-flash arrays, and everything in between. Gridstore has taken a disruptive approach whereby they detect and sort IO at the VM level before committing data to storage. Combined with a Scale Out architecture they address many of the issues holding customers back from going wholesale into the software defined datacenter,” said Arun Taneja, Founder and Senior Analyst, The Taneja Group.
- “As an MSP we needed to update our data protection infrastructure to accommodate our ever-increasing virtualized environment. We chose Veeam for the software, and Gridstore for the backup-to-disk hardware,” said Lawrence Guyot, President, ETTE. “Because it is a pay-as-you-scale solution, it has allowed us to meet or exceed our original cost and performance goals. In the future, if backups start running long, we will simply add another backup server, and as our volume of data grows, because of Gridstore’s parallel performance scaling, we can easily add storage nodes to accommodate this growth.”
Gridstore 3.0 was designed from the ground up to accelerate applications in virtual environments. Unlike traditional one-size-fits-all storage, Gridstore 3.0 leverages their patented Server-Side Virtual ControllerTM Technology (SVCT ) to eliminate the I/O blender and accelerate application I/O in three ways.
- vmOptimized™ Storage accelerators adapt to the applications data patterns to accelerate performance for every application in the virtual environment.
- TrueQoS™ is the industry’s first end-to-end Storage QoS and guarantees the performance of the most important applications.
- GridScale™ delivers massively parallel performance that scales without performance loss.
With solutions for both capacity and hybrid storage, Gridstore 3.0 delivers the industry’s first true end-to-end software-defined storage solution. Both easy to use and manage, Gridstore solutions fit naturally into Windows architecture appearing like local hard drives to the operating system.:
- Admins manage the storage with the tools they are used to and in a manner they do today
- Existing scripts continue to work
- Easy to expand the size of virtual drives
Configurations, Pricing and Availability
Focused on Microsoft Hyper-V and Windows Server 2012, 3.0 is designed for the mid-size enterprise. Gridstore 3.0 is available in both hybrid and capacity models, providing the perfect solution for optimizing virtualized application performance. It is available through the Early Access Program™ (EAP) in 4TB and 12TB node configurations with a minimum of 3 nodes required.
- MSRP for Hybrid storage, 12TB node is USD$21,000.
- MSRP for Capacity storage, 12TB node is USD$12,050.
News: @gridstore delivers radical new approach for software-defined storage for Hyper-V virtualized enterprises
Follow Gridstore on Twitter at http://twitter.com/gridstore
Gridstore™ is the leader in optimized storage for Windows Servers and Hyper-V that accelerates application I/O. All traditional storage suffers from the I/O blender that severely impacts application performance in virtual environments. Gridstore is Software Defined Storage that uses patented Server-Side Virtual ControllerTM Technology (SVCT) to eliminate the I/O blender and accelerate applications in three unique ways.
- vmOptimized™ Storage provides self-optimizing storage stacks that accelerate I/O for each application.
- TrueQoS™ is the industry’s only end-to-end Storage QoS that guarantees performance for your most important applications.
- GridScale™ is a simple, pay-as-you-scale grid architecture with massively parallel performance scaling that accelerates application I/O.
Gridstore is headquartered in Mountain View, CA. For more information, please visit: http://www.gridstore.com
© 2013 GRIDSTORE. All rights reserved. Gridstore, the Gridstore logo, AutoPilot, vmOptimized, Direct I/O, FlashGrid, Grid, GridControl, GridProtect, GridScale, GridSensor, Server-side Virtual Controller Technology (SVCT), Thin-Provisioned vLUNS, TrueQoS, vController, vPool, and vStore are registered, trademarks or pending trademarks of Gridstore in the U.S. and other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Information regarding products, services and offerings may be superseded by subsequent documents and are subject to change without notice. For the latest information and specifications regarding Gridstore and any of its offerings or services, please visit www.gridstore.com.
Douglas W. Gruehl